Benefits of WIDOWS AND ORPHANS FUND
Benefits offered to Contributors and their Dependants
- Financial aid to children up to the age of 19 years/Grade 12.
- Financial aid to disabled dependants for as long as necessary.
- Widow/widowers who are in financial need may apply for a term grant.
- A once-off payment to the widow/widower of a serving contributor directly after his/her death.
- A free mid-week holiday at Weesgerus Holiday Resort for the lawful widow/widower of a deceased contributor.
- Contributors qualify for a special rate on accommodation at Weesgerus Holiday Resort in Nylstroom (Modimolle).
As stated in the Constitution:
“9.3 A once-off allocation, at the Board’s sole discretion, to dependents of serving members of the South African Police Service who were not contributors to the Fund, in cases where such non contributors died in the performance of their duties while on duty.”