About WIDOWS AND
The Fund as private organization is to the benefit of contributing members of the Police service appointed by the Police Act 68 of 1995. The Fund was founded on 23 July 1920 and became a Company on 8 December 1993. The Fund is a private organisation that is managed as a non-profit organization. The Section 21 Company/NPC was de-registered in April 2015.
The purpose of the Fund is to give financial assistance to the dependents of deceased contributors to the Fund. Serving and Retired SAPS members must be contributors at the time of death in order for their dependants to apply for financial assistance. Only employees who have been appointed in terms of the South African Police Service Act, Act 68 of 1995, may become contributors to the Fund.
- Public Service Act personnel cannot become Fund contributors.
- Police members who resign from the SAPS cannot contribute to the Fund as retired members and if your contribution was via a debit order, you have to cancel it in writing at the Fund’s offices
- If police members are transferred to other government departments, their Fund contribution has to be cancelled by the member.
- Lt Genl KL Craemer (Chairperson)
- Brig I Chetty
- Brig S Pieterse
- Maj Gen LF Manamela
- Brig PC Nieuwoudt
- Brig W le Roux
- Elaine Notnagel (CEO)
- Riana van Wyk (Financial Manager)
SOURCES OF THE FUND’S INCOME
The Fund obtains its income from –
- voluntary contributions by SAPS serving and SAPS retired members
- donations by the public and private companies
- interest on investments
- 50 percent of the net income of Weesgerus Holiday Resort
- fund-raising projects held in the respective provinces
WEESGERUS HOLIDAY RESORT
Stay at Weesgerus holiday resort in Modimolle (Nylstroom) for a tranquil Bushveld breakaway. Contributors to the Fund qualify for a special rate.
Contact Details: Tel: 014 718 7100/1/2/3/4 / website: www.weesgerus.co.za
APPLICATION FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AFTER A CONTRIBUTOR’S DEATH
Forms to be completed by the applicant (widow/widower or legal guardian). The completed forms can be faxed, emailed or sent by post to this office.
Forms to complete
- Application form
- Bank form
- Financial form
Make sure that your dependants are registered on your SAP 96 (employment register) or Polmed in order to epidite applications for considering of financial assistance.